Current changes on the market (06/05/2020)
Key upcoming events
The US labor market report on Friday will probably show an increase in unemployment in the US to 19.5% in May.
The main movements in the markets:
- The S&P 500 Index futures rose 0.6% from 06:24 New York time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 index rose by 0.9%.
- The MSCI index in the Asia-Pacific region increased by 0.7%.
- The MSCI Emerging Markets Index rose by 0.7%.
- The dollar index fell by 0.2%.
- The euro fell 0.1% to USD 1.1322.
- The British pound rose by 0.3% to $ 1.263.
- The overland yuan appreciated by 0.3% to $ 7.093.
- The Japanese yen weakened by 0.1% to $ 109.26.
- The yield on US 10-year government bonds jumped three basis points to 0.85%.
- The yield on two-year US treasury bonds rose by one basis point to 0.20%.
- The yield on 10-year government bonds in Germany rose by one basis point to -0.31%.
- British government bond yields rose by two basis points to 0.324%.
- Japan's government bond yield rose by one basis point to 0.05%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude oil rose 2.4% to $ 38.30 a barrel.
- Brent crude oil gained 3% to $ 41.18 a barrel.
- Gold weakened by 0.5% to $ 1,704.91 an ounce.